Skipper: Peter Warrer Navigator: Kim Haugaard Boat Name: KNYAZHNA Sailing Number: RUS 5018
About Aarhus Sejlklub
With its original name, Aarhusbugtens Sejlklub, the club started on 27 July 1879. The formation of the club was due to a series of races that began in 1866. In 1902, the name was changed to Aarhus Sejlklub (Aarhus Sailing Club).
In 1911, the club had the purpose "to promote pleasure sailing, especially in the Bay of Aarhus, which is sought to be achieved by, among other things“: - organising smaller and larger sailing trips with pleasure boats, - organising regattas, - acquiring practice boats, in particular for the use of members seeking sports training in the club, - work for the creation of good mooring and haul-out facilities, - the acquisition and maintenance of club boats.
A new clubhouse was is inaugurated in May 1979, the same year the club celebrated its 100th anniversary.